You’ve decided that you’re ready to take your students on a trip, but you’re not sure where to begin. No worries! Educational Tours, Inc. is here to help!
Here are the key steps to trip preparation:
- Decide what type of experience you want the students to get from this trip. This should begin at about 12 to 18 months before the trip. Some things to think about:
• Timing: When will the school allow you to travel? Be sure to consider state testing dates, prom, graduation, school festivals and school sporting events.
• Distance: Does the school have limitations as to how far away you can take students?
• Duration: How many days are students allowed to be gone?
• Curriculum: Are you looking to enhance coursework through the trip? Do you know what options are available or need help selecting a location?
• Cost: What is your budget (per traveler)?
• Fundraising: How is your group going to pay for the trip? Start researching fundraising options.
- Contact an ETI team member. We can assist you with answering many questions. Then we are ready to create the best Tour Proposal that meets your needs.
- Address the needs of travelers who require special accommodations such as a motorcoach with a wheelchair lift.
- Finalize the trip itinerary and Travel Agreement with the ETI team. Your Travel Agreement will include the tour cost, trip inclusions, payment instructions, room list, schedule, cancellation policies and other pertinent details. You’re now ready to share the Travel Agreement with the administration, parent groups and students.
- Once approved, sign and send your Travel Agreement back to ETI. The signing and receipt of your Travel Agreement allows ETI to begin booking all your group tour arrangements.